The moderator of the two-way Medical Reserve Corps Leaders Listserv is the MRC Communications team. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints about the list, please e-mail MRCcontact@hhs.gov.
Purpose of the MRC Leaders Listserv
The MRC Leaders Listserv is designed to provide a forum for unit leaders and members to exchange ideas, thoughts, problems, and solutions that relate to starting and sustaining a unit, best practices, public health and preparedness activities, emergency response, volunteer recruitment, and partnership building. At the present time, the MRC Leaders Listserv is not limited to MRC members. This E-mail Discussion Group should be used solely to share ideas and information related to the MRC mission. It is not a general discussion list.
Rules of Conduct for the MRC E-mail Discussion Group
All users of the MRC Leaders Listserv must agree to the rules of conduct outlined below. Your agreement to the following is assumed when you send a message through the Listserv.
- I agree that I will not post any communications that are normally considered libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, or disruptive, or that may constitute grounds for civil liability.
- I agree not to request contributions for political candidates or solicit attendance at partisan political events.
- I agree not to use false, misleading, or duplicate addresses to disguise the destination of any content transmitted through this service.
- I agree not to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through this service.
- I agree not to upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material to the best of my knowledge that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- I agree not to upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of such solicitation.
- I agree not to upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any copyrighted or proprietary information, personnel records, or other information restricted from public dissemination without proper authorization as provided by law.
- I understand that failure to observe these rules and to conduct myself with appropriate etiquette will result in my removal from the MRC Leaders Listserv.
Do not file a complaint to the entire E-mail Discussion Group. If you disagree with the relevance/usefulness of posted information, do not send a complaint to the entire list. Instead, please send an e-mail message to MRCcontact@hhs.gov and express your opinion. The MRC Communications team will address the posting.
When Sending a Message to the MRC Leaders Listserv
When sending a message to the MRC Leaders Listserv, remember the following:
- When responding to the MRC Leaders Listserv, keep your message brief.
- Include a portion or summary of the message you are responding to, but do not forward the entire message.
- Stick to topics related to the MRC.
- Include an opening and closing in your message.
- Be careful when using humor in your message.
- Do not send a meaningless message with no content, such as "I agree."
- Identify yourself. At least provide your first and last name, as well as your title and company/jurisdiction.
- Avoid flaming individuals on the Listserv. If you have a conflict with an individual, send your comments to the offender directly by private e-mail message.
- Do not be critical of people’s queries posted to the Listserv. Remember that we’re here to learn, share, and grow through this communications forum.
Disclaimer From the MRC
The Medical Reserve Corps Program assumes no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by others. In no event shall the MRC be held liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Click on this link to abide by these Rules of Conduct and join the listserv.
8/23/2016 11:40:13 AM